Monday, June 2, 2008

[insert interesting title here]

I guess you could tell by my lack of posts that I've been pretty busy recently. Fortunately, it's been mostly with fun and interesting things.

One of the projects I've been working on is reversing a patched SSL VPN ActiveX component in preparation for my BlackHat talk. I've been staring at Olly and IDA until my eyes feel like their going to bleed. But, I've been making progress, learning a lot, and I've come up with some additional material to talk about. One such topic is that of hard coded passwords in binaries. Jeez. If you work for a security product vendor, you should know better!

I've also been getting ready for my first SSL VPN talk next week at Froc.us. I have some cool stuff to share with those folks, and it should be a good time. Plus, I've never partied in Denver before. Looking forward to seeing a new city.

No comments: